5/19/2011

Seeking What Heals YOUR Soul

I wanted to fill my soul with joy today.  I wanted to enjoy my solitude and experience richness and magnificence throughout my day.  I started with Sevenanda where the energy from the all natural healthy coop community will enrich you with its silence.  I had some pleasurable experiences with enlightening individuals.  I was embraced by the individuality and diversity that surrounded me.  Peace exuded from everyone as they were personable and friendly....embracing.  This area is known for that type of spirit but if proof is in our actions well.....it wasn't until I crossed the street to my humble caffeine retreat and witnessed an experience that further humbled me toward gratitude for the success of peace.  Don't you remember when the world seemed like it was kicking you...when nothing seemed like it would go right?  Well imagine not knowing that the only thing you had to do was persevere.

I could think about where I have gone wrong and what I must do to be better.  How I will make more money?  How I will start my children with a different type of financial comfort?  How I will exercise more?  How much gas is....but instead I moved forward with much gratitude thanking God for this gift of life and more thankful for the gift of peace! 

A homeless lady walked in ....She stood erect carrying her bags with pride.  As she peeled her layers of winter coats off I thought how much courage it must take to walk thru this day with ur entire life in ur hands.  After all it was 80 degrees outside.  I wished that everyone that was in the coffee shop would have ignored her rather than stared.  I wanted to tell her I vision you with awe.  She was SMILING and speaking to everyone.  I was moved by her generosity of peace, as she, like everyone else was simply seeking a moment to herself.  She pulled out her cell phone and pretended to talk on it and then plugged it in.  I wanted to whisper you are so much better than these people, you dont have to do that to fit in.  She scrounged in her bag for change so that she could purchase HER cup of coffee.  I wanted to whisper to her, let me buy you a cup - -but that was my issue  - -she didnt look around for a hand or a help....PROUDLY she took her change to the counter and purchased her coffee.  I watched as people secured their things as she sought out a seat.  I wanted to scream, AMERICA you are 2 steps from the same...embrace where she is and learn from her!  She may have lessons to share that are helpful and she is willing!

I gave thanks for her strength and her pride.  I gave thanks for the humility she displayed.  It didnt matter that she had on two different shoes and two different socks..it didnt matter that she was carrying her life in her hands...to me she was the most dignified woman that I had ever met.  I was grateful for her smile that reminded me through EVERYTHING in life there is NOTHING that should stop you from smiling.  ITS FREE!!

I wanted to tell her how much she had encouraged me instead I hoped my spirit shined through my smile as I watched another HUMAN being pull up a chair and converse with her.  My heart, now at peace, I glanced at her again as she pulled out her sparkly blue reading glasses and began reading the recycled newspaper.  She in the midst of her peace  - stole a moment to enrich her mind...still smiling. 

I took a picture of her because I wanted the world to know what PEACE looked like...and then I gave thanks again...and while I will keep that momentum for my own personal inspiration..I wanted to be apart of the gift today.  I wanted to extend her what she was looking for even if she ever knows what I wanted to say....even if she never knows how much I appreciated her...she will know that on this day I respected her enough to gift her the perfect piece of privacy.

In Truth!
Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment